The Executive Assistant conducts basic operations typical of a non-profit organization, and more advanced functions as time allows. Early-career as well as seasoned professionals are encouraged to apply. Advanced or specialized applicants may be offered alternative job titles (such as Business Manager or Accountant).
- Clerical Duties
- Word processing
- Mailing list management
- Gmail accounts management
- Sending letters
- Managing mass email campaigns
- Financial Management and Accounting
- Monitoring and management of financial accounts
- Accounting using Quickbooks
- Managing payroll
- Preparing and filing tax forms
- Obtaining and evaluating bids for goods and services
- Procuring goods and services
- Monitoring vendor accounts and contracts
- Ensuring on-time payment of bills
- Human Resources
- Posting job descriptions
- Processing job applications
- Managing employee benefit programs and accounts
- Internship coordination
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Managing logistics
- Coordinating schedules and travel
- Preparing grant proposals; fundraising in general
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have general knowledge about the basic administrative tasks at a non-profit including legal, tax management, accounting, and payroll. This knowledge would be supported by technical ability with Quickbooks, Turbotax, Excel, Word, Google Workplace, and Adobe, as well as a capacity to manage files digitally and in hardcopy. This knowledge and ability should be evident on a resume with relevant academic and/or work experience.
An interest in sustainability, ecology, and/or economics is preferable, but not required.
Supervision and Logistics
Supervision: The Executive Assistant is supervised by the Executive Director. Given instructions, the Executive Assistant is expected to be independently productive for significant periods of time. The Executive Director prioritizes duties as needed and has final discretion on CASSE operations.
Office: 4601 N. Fairfax Drive, Arlington, Virginia
Hours: 40 hours/week
Starting Salary: $45,000-60,000 per annum, depending on education and experience, with potential for increase
Benefits: Health insurance, retirement plan, holidays, annual leave, and sick leave
Starting Date: Spring, 2022
To apply, send resume and transcripts to: email@example.com .